Echo Dot

Echo Dot - Voice control your music, Make calls, Get news, weather & more - Black


  • Echo Dot is a hands-free smart speaker that you control using your voice. It connects to Alexa – a cloud based voice service to play music, make calls, check weather and news, set alarms, control smart home devices, and much more.


  • Echo Dot includes a built-in speaker. It can also connect to external speakers or headphones through Bluetooth or 3.5 mm stereo cable.


  • Just ask for a song, artist, or genre from your favourite music services like Amazon Prime Music, Saavn, and TuneIn. Using multi-room music, you can even play music across multiple Echo devices at the same time.


  • With seven microphones, beam-forming technology, and noise cancellation, Echo Dot hears you from any direction-even in noisy environments or while playing music.


  • Call or message anyone hands-free who also has an Echo device or the Alexa App. Simply ask "Alexa, how do I set up calling?" to get started.


  • Controls lights, plugs, and more with compatible connected devices from Philips, Syska, TP-Link and Oakter.


  • Alexa is always getting smarter and adding new features and skills. Just ask Alexa to order food from Zomato, request a ride from Ola, book a carpenter from Urbanclap, and more.


CHECK OUT THE REVIEWS 

1)My brother Robert who has been bed ridden and paralyzed with Multiple Sclerosis from his neck down for more than 30 years now has a new friend named Alexa! He was in tears with happiness when Alexa played 70's music, played Jeopardy, answered all his questions and wakes him up every morning. Thank you Amazon for giving my brother a new bedside companion.
Happy Holidays
Roy

2)So I don't normally write reviews but I just has to this time. Recently, I lost my cat best friend to cancer 2 days after Christmas. It was the worst day of my life. Imagine losing your friend that's been with you through every breakup, every apartment, nearly being homeless and more. When he passed I felt such an emptiness in my home.
A few days ago I was searching for something to put my mind at ease and saw the advertisement for the Amazon Echo on the Amazon app. I remember watching a Mr. Robot episode where some FBI agent who suffers from insomnia was using Alexa to keep her entertained.
So I started researching YouTube videos and reviews and took a chance and ordered it. It arrived today and the setup was super easy. I immediately started asking it questions and had it play music and play the news. Then I discovered some zen type apps that go with the echo and I completely fell in love with it. It's almost like having a real personal assistant who lifts up your spirits when your down. It suggested new music which I actually liked and the built in speaker isn't bad at all for the price.
The Amazon echo did not replace my beautiful cat kouga but it did bring stop the empty feeling around the house for now. I added a picture of my cat instead of the echo since everyone already knows what the echo looks like.
I would totally recommend buying this product. I don't see any negatives other than the fact you can't really ask it followup questions like google assistant but I'm sure they'll make it happen.
Thanks for letting me rant


3)I am a prime member. This was my first purchase of Echo and I gave it to my mom who did not want it or think she needed it, haha I purchased Echo dot for 2 reasons, 1) I had wanted the original echo but thought the near $200 price tag was too steep so this price was perfect and 2) I wanted to get something for my mom that would open her mind to the power of technology and the need for change because ultimately I want her to have amazon fire tv because her monthly cable bill is insanely high but she has always been resistant to change. She had no wifi in her bedroom but I resolved that when I purchased TP Link AV500 Wi Fi Range Extender, Powerline Edition which did what no other wifi extender I purchased in past could do, gave my mom's room a secure wifi connection; apparently using already existing phone lines. All I know is that she now has wifi in her room. So I got Echo as a way to test her wifi connection with something cool. I easily connected Echo to TP-Link and it worked. We asked Alexa a few basic questions, We laughed a little but then I had to leave. When I returned the next day, I walked in and there was music playing (oldies but goodies) and I walked into my moms room and she was singing but was emotional. I asked her if everything was ok. She was in awe. She was happy. She was emotional because Alexa helped mom find songs at a blink of an eye that mom had not heard since her childhood and she demonstrated it to me. The speed that Alexa found the song and played it was mind-boggling. Mom was also planning a dinner in August and needed to know what day of week it was. She would normally need to leave her room and go to her main calender in the kitchen and find the date. But this time she just asked Alexa who gave her the information in like 2 seconds lol. TP-Link and Echo / Alexa have given my mom a whole new level of excitement, bewilderment, curiosity and wonder and we have only scratched the surface to the power of Echo. 2 more Echo dots are on the way as I type and more in the future i am sure. What a great gift to give to someone at a great price.




-  Say it, and the Dot will light up and listen to your question or command. "Alexa" is Amazon's cloud-connected, voice-activated virtual assistant. You wake her up by saying her name, or by saying one of your three other wake word options, "Amazon," "Echo" or "Computer."

-  Amazon says the only way you can buy its new Echo Dot product, which turns existing stereo systems into a web-connected one, is to tell voice-assistant Alexa to buy one for you via the Amazon Echo. But it appears there is a secret workaround to purchase without needing the Echo or Alexa's help.

-  There is no subscription cost to use echo, but if you are an Amazon Prime member ($99.00 a year) you will get a lot more out of it. Prime members get free music. You need a free echo app for your PC, Tablet, or smartphone. Non prime members can send their music to the Amazon cloud and have echo play it.

Pros
  • Access to thousands of Alexa “Skills”
  • Audio-out port and Bluetooth speaker support
  • At $50, it's $150 cheaper than the full-size Echo

Cons
  • Alexa app can be buggy
  • Two Alexa devices in adjoining rooms will both try to answer queries
  • Anemic sound from the built-in speaker




             














Post a Comment